- Perth’s Baby Farmer:
- Budrikis, Stella. 29 Sept 2020. “The Edward Street Baby Farm.” Freemantle Press.
- Wayne, Emma. 27 Jan 2021. “How dark world of ‘baby farming’ was exposed in sensational trial that brought lasting change.” Australian Broadcasting Company.
- Stonehenge Beaker Baby Burial:
- Morris, Steven. 4 Feb 2021. “Archaeologists unearth bronze age graves at Stonehenge tunnel site.” The Guardian.
- Medieval Childbirth:
- Bremmer, Elma. 5 Feb 2021. “The medieval childbirth guide: 6 tips for pregnant mothers in the Middle Ages.” BBC History Extra.
- Dr. Elma Bremmer’s posts on The Wellcome Collection’s Blog
- Manitoba takes First Nation’s Baby:
- Klowak, Marianne. 7 Feb 2021. “First Nations family advocate, chief question why newborns still being apprehended in Manitoba.” CBC News.
- Public Health Services. “Provincial and territorial child protection legislation and policy – 2018.” Government of Canada.
- NCSL. 3 Nov 2019. “The Child Welfare Placement Continuum: What’s Best for Children?” National Conference of State Legislators.
- Unregulated Sperms:
- Vice. 7 Feb 2021. “1 Sperm Donor, 17+ Kids, and a $5M Lawsuit.” YouTube.
- Almeling, Rene. 11 Aug 2011. “Sex Cells: The Medical Market for Eggs and Sperm.” University of California Press.
- OSHU Fertility Clinic. 4 Oct 2019. “OHSU statement on anonymous donor sperm services.” Oregon Health and Science University.
- Liquid Ventilation:
- Today I Found Out. 28 Jan 2021. “Can Humans Breathe Liquid Like in The Abyss?” YouTube.
- Thomas H. Shaffer, Marla R. Wolfson and Jay S. Greenspan. Dec 1999. “Liquid Ventilation: Current Status.” Pediatrics in Review, 20(12) e134-e142.
- Greenspan, Jay S. and Marla R.Wolfson, DavidRubenstein, Thomas H.Shaffer. July 1990. “Liquid ventilation of human preterm neonates.” The Journal of Pediatrics, 117(1:1): 106-111.
- CHOP. Undated. “Neonatal Liquid Ventilation.” Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.
Categories: Rabbit Holes
Proficient nerd on most things baby/ culture/ history/book related. Disability advocate. Has a penchant for photography, languages, and panics when low on chocolate rations. Will embarrass self in any social situation to point out or pet other people's dogs. Habitual stumbler and tea drinker. People watcher, pizza slayer.